6/20/13

{lately}

I am almost tempted to just say an official goodbye to my blog lately as my once-evey-5 -weeks-posts aren't really cutting it lately.  Life has been totally crazy ever since we got back from England.  My work schedule changed so inctead of working at home 3 days a week I am not in the office 5 days a week thru at least August.  This has been a huge adjustment for me as most of my "me time" and creative time is gone now.  I am finding ways to make it work, but honestly it hasn't been easy. 
photo by moi
I am still working on a new line of vintage inspired stationary goods and I am so excited on how it is coming along.  I am mostly done with the artwork and hope to have it out this summer.  My original goal was May but with my work schedule changing that had to be pushed back.  but there will be lots of pretty pastel florals, and there may even be a little bunting thrown in, lots of mint green, gold, peach, pink and coral.

I did my first hired logo design job this last week- the client found me thru Instagram which is so cool.  Once the logo is posted to her site, I will share it with you.  I learned so much thru the process, mostly about photoshop which I try and avoid at all costs typically but with my new found skills, I will be using it more often.  Special thanks to my friend Emily who helped me out on that project, even accepting phone calls at 10:50 PM with questions.   {Wink}

photo by moi
My other goal even with all the time I don't seem to have lately is to enjoy summer.  I have a gorgeous pool where I live  that I plan on using often and I hope to take advantage of lots of farmers markets and get togethers with friends. Speaking of friends, I feel like I haven't been the best friend to others  lately.  I have SEVERAL people I haven't seen in the longest time that I really need to get together with and I hope they don't think I am avoiding them.  I am so blessed to have so many people in my life that I just adore and I thank them for their patience as I push thru this time right now. 

Happy Summer to you! Hope to be back here sooner than later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. I love reading your blog!

Kimberly S.