8/1/12

{Hello August}


Where in the world have I been? I realized I haven't blogged for a whole month.  Maybe the longest time ever that I haven't blogged.  It wasn't intentional. Life has changed a little in the last month.  All in good ways.  My 9-5 job is now allowing me to work from home.  I am kind of getting used to a new life, routine, quietness, happiness, etc.  It has taken some getting used to.  It has helped me save money, be more present in my home, clean sort organize, cook more, eat out less, sleep more. It is quite amazing.


I also had a birthday (July 6th) so we traveled to Kansas to spend time with dear friends and their kids for 1.5 days, got to eat Kansas City BBQ and spend time with people I hold dear to me.  Then went on to Nebraska. I got to spend my birthday with family and spend my dad's birthday with him as well. 

My sister and I got to visit a favorite jewelry artist. Bobbi Lukow who sets up a beautiful booth at the farmers market every week, and bought eachother gifts for our birthday by picking out what we each wanted for ourselves and then buying it ourselves.  Funny, right?


I also go to go to some Antique stores, found some gorgeous old scales, little stacking bowls, a sweet little tea towel, and the beautiful cake plate pictured in the photo directly above- Milk Glass with gold Fleur de Lis and tiny trios of polkadots.  Swoon. 

When I got back to Nebraska I got together with kindred spirit Emily and exchanged gifts for our July birthdays.  She bought me the most lovely gifts from French Market (in both pictures above) that I am just loving.  She is a new mom and I was totally impressed that she took time out to order me those lovely items.  Aren't they gorgeous?  She also gave me some of her gorgeous earrings that she makes that are nice and big but don't hurt  your ears. At all.   

Other than that, as I said, just getting used to a new routine and way of life around here.  I cannot promise when I will be back, hopefully soon!

Have a great week!  (and Happy Birthday Elle Victoria! I love you darling girl!)

Kara




2 comments:

Meghan said...

kara...it's meghan from the postscript society. i love your milk glass cake stand. oh man! that is beyond swoon worthy. just wanted to say hi. i would love to hear where you shop in nebraska...

koralee said...

You are a busy girl...happy belated Birthday to you my friend. xoxoxoxo Enjoy your August.