5/1/12

{sister weekend}

Just this last weekend my sister flew in to see me for a 4 day visit.  We had such a good time together, as we always do.  We started off with a late lunch at a very rustic/French eatery in downtown Denver called The Kitchen.  We had goat cheese and beets, Blue Cheese, Cranberry Walnut Bread and with local Honey, wonderful Entrees and to top it all off, a lovely piece of Lemon Tart.  What a way to start our weekend.
We had makeovers from Bobbi Brown, got lots of shopping in, a little at the mall but mostly at local Boutiques....
Kara and Kimberly.  We should have taken more photos together.  We realized this on almost the last day! 

On Sunday, we spent the day crafting at my place. We covered notebooks with lots of lovely paper that I collect.
I managed to come up with a new idea with the help of my sister, and made these adorable ribbon and spool bookmarks adorned with vintage paper, glitter and buttons. We made so many beautiful things that day that I will share with you all soon.

My apartment got a little makeover too.  I bought this lamp a few months ago for $5 at the Goodwill but needed a shade.  My sister and I went to Target and found the perfect shade and place for it in my house.  After she left, I went to the grocery store and bought myself some carnations as a little pick me up that I could enjoy this week.

Family is so important and I am so blessed to have these amazing people in my life who I get to be related to!  Hope you are having  a great week!
xoxo
kara

5 comments:

Anne said...

How fun to have a weekend with your sister.Sounds like a great place to eat..yum!And a fun make over too.I used to use bobbi brown in my younger years LOL.
Love your craft too.
Anne

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks like a great weekend! Maybe I should come and do it again!

We did have lots of fun and made some great memories.

Thanks!
Kimberly S.

fernandflora said...

I love how you and your sis made time to be crafty together. It looked like such a fun weekend and your bookmarks, and that shade are fabulous! Love that whole photo with the carnations and the lamp on the cart. Charming!

cathyb said...

Hi Kara, glad I stopped by (met on FB on the building a creatively made business group) - you were right - we have lots in common - I'm off to your etsy shop now!

koralee said...

Pure joy...sisters are the best! xoxo