1/15/12

{bee ye creative}



Hello friends! I had to share a special treat with you today...! I am taking this great class with artist Jeanne Oliver... She is from Colorado and she is a great woman to admire... both as a person and as an artist. I had the pleasure of meeting her this spring and attending a lovely soiree at her house this summer for which I also got to design the invitations for... {blushing}

She put the word out about the class and I told myself that I couldn't get into any more creative ventures, and that I already had too much going on. The class was supposed to be closed and she opened it up for another day and I decided to go for it. I thought that just the content would be good- and that I didn't really need to do any of the projects. And then the first project video started and I was hooked. I learned so many techniques and decided right away that I needed to get busy doing some of her projects. And so I carved away some time tonight and made an altered journal...






Jeanne shared a lot of her preferred supplies but also encouraged us that you most likely have everything you need right in your house. And yes, I do. I collect bits and pieces and so I am so happy when projects like this come a long. This was an old black sketch book from Borders that I painted on, freehand painted a background, added part of a grocery sack, a trophy that I traced out of vintage paper, the bee is one of my images that I draw, and the pink raffle ticket is part of my collection of bits that I keep on hand.


The back of the journal hosts a playing card that I love and keep {hoard} for only very special projects such as this, a paper lace doiley and another raffle ticket inscribed with "the bee's knees" and a set of vintage buttons. {something else I collect {hoard}} The journal is embelished with some cream crafters twine and an old chandelier crystal.






I made the mantra of this journal {bee ye creative} as I feel I need to remind myself that I need to stay creative and not just stick to designing for my business all the time.


What a great reminder.

Jeanne extended the class registration thru Monday January 16, so go and take a look and sign up for this wonderful class. go here for more info...! go quickly tho!


6 comments:

Alissa said...

isn't the class the greatest! i love your journal...the colors, the texture, and the fact that alot of it is hand-done. i will have to check out the rest of your blog. thanks for stopping by mine!

fernandflora said...

What fun! I'm loving seeing what you're coming up with through these different classes! What a pretty, feminine journal. The bee seems to pop up quite frequently in your creations... Interesting. xo

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Love it!!

Kimberly S.

koralee said...

Oh I love this my friend...it is so fun to do something just for the fun of it. xoxoxo Hugs

Heather said...

How fun! I thought about joining but it would be so hard with our one-car thing and Justin's work schedule...

Maybe next time?
Have you ever taken classes at the Fancy Tiger? That would be a fun thing to do together!

Natalie said...

Loving your mantra! What a neat project!