4/26/11

{water for elephants}

A few years back I read the book Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Have you read it?

If not, pick it up.It became one of my favorite books which isn't easy because I read alot. {okay, maybe it isn't that hard. I have a lot of books that I just love} The movie came out last Friday. I have been so busy with Easter weekend and an upcoming show that I haven't seen it yet. I am supposed to see it on Saturday night, cannot wait. Even if the movie isn't as good as the book, I love a vintage circus so I am excited to see the costumes, and the movie set, etc. Its been a long time since I have anticipated a movie this much.



Although I just heard that The Help another wonderful book is being made into a movie, coming out in August. That's going to be another must see for me.

Have you seen Water for Elephants yet?

5 comments:

Destiny said...

I haven't seen it yet, though I've heard from several people that had read that book, that it was not as good and a bit disappointing. I'm still going to try to go see it though!

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I did read it and loved it. It was one of those books you read and have no idea what it is going to be about. I really thought it would be set in India because of the title when I read it many years ago before it was popular. We will have to chat about the movie since we can't go together. Maybe I will go see my third movie in seven years soon! ha ha..
Kimberly S.

koralee said...

Looks good sweet friend...I adore elephants. Will it make me cry???
xoxo

fernandflora said...

A movie night sounds lovely! I will be curious to hear what you think.

Anonymous said...

yes, it WILL make you cry, my daughter and I had to leave the theater at a certain scene, which you will know exactly which one when you watch the movie, but it is an enchanting movie other than the violent parts which will break your heart. It was such a hauntingly sad movie, but also a hauntingly beautiful one. If you love elephants, you will love this movie, because Rosie is the star AND the heroine.