1/11/11

{good living}

So far, 2011 has been lovely.
cleaning, reading, getting life back on track!
I got a Nookcolor for Christmas,
and it has been wonderful catching up on reading.
Also my Nookcolor has Web browsing access,
perfect for catching up on blogs
and Pandora.
{love it}
So far I have read two gems and I want to share them with you.
Ahab's Wife by Sena Jeter Naslund
& and The Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
My sister recommended both to me
and she always hits the nail
on the head, book wise.
They were both lovely books and so well written.
I just downloaded the complete Anne of Green Gables series
for $.99, a favorite growing up.
I believe that is my next read.
{Question: What is your all time favorite read?}
....................
on another note, do you not wish the scene above
was hanging in your house, or better yet, was a room in your house?
hope you have a great Tuesday!
kara

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very pretty painting. Your post is so darling today. I have been reading Little House in the Big Woods to Sophia. I love the simple books we grew up with too. I also just read The Mouse and the Motorcycle to Nicholas and The Trumpet of the Swan.

Happy Reading!

You could also read Heaven by Randy Alcorn. Also a very good read.
your sis~ Kimberly S.

fernandflora said...

Oh Anne of Green Gables. What a perfect choice for some cozy January readying.

And yes, I do wish that was a scene at my house. I just saw more of Janet's work on Etsy yesterday. LOVE her. Love.

Em said...

Love your post today Kara...
I love Anne of Green Gables, but my favorite is the "Emily of New Moon" series by the same author... Think Anne, but with a bit of fairy dust thrown in! Now, I just need that cozy chair in that sweet little painting to sit a read a bit. Oh and maybe some hot chocolate....

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory

koralee said...

So lucky...I would love to be reading! and yes....I want that room. oxoxxo weekend hugs.