10/25/10

{apple saturday}

This past Saturday was an Apple Saturday...
While in Nebraska, visiting my family, we visited this orchard.
we picked apples, grapes and the kids picked out pumpkins.

My niece and I walked around taking pictures
and she took the picture above.
{mind you she is 10, amazing girl}
we had apple doughnuts, bought apple cider and blackberry syrup...
The best part?
My brother is a chef, made us an amazing meal inspired by autumn.
a salad with greens, apple, pear,toasted walnuts, goat cheese, and a homemade vinaigrette
pork chops dressed with fennel, apple and Gouda
delicious and creamy polenta
braised kale
and don't forget the apple crisp.
......................
{we are very spoiled}


2 comments:

koralee said...

Yummmmma doodles my sweet friend..just made a batch of apple butter today and I can't stop eating it.

Monday hugs to you!

Meg said...

oh.my. that sounds absolutely to die for!! i wish i had a relative that was a chef!