7/8/10

{vintage love}

this peacock purse was my grandmothers.
My mom gave it to me when I was in Nebraska this weekend.
******************

I love the detail on the back... Quite a smashing vintage bag that I will now treasure.

I had an amazing trip back to Nebraska for the Holiday weekend. It was also my birthday and I was quite blessed with some amazing gifts:

a gucci purse and some time with my dear friend, Chelle.

A beautiful black tote with the initial "K" from my Mom and Dad
and also some vintage goodies from my mom and Dad and the new Ingrid Michaelson CD

a stack of books from my sister which are promised to be some good reads


a fabulous yellow Coach purse from my sweetheart {he says he cannot believe he bought me a yellow purse, I say it's perfect!}


a amazing hand sewn leather clutch from my amazing friend Rina {more on that later}

gift certificate to Target from my brother and sis in law

a sweet blog post from my dear friend Emily... {here} thanks EM!

a meal cooked by my chef brother that was divine.


most important time spent with friends and family.

and the best part? the celebration isn't over yet!


cannot wait to celebrate a little more with some of my Denver friends.

Hope you are having a great week!
kara


3 comments:

fernandflora said...

Oooo! Love that vintage purse! I'm seeing a birthday theme here - Vintage purse, Coach purse, gucci bag, cluth from Rena, monogrammed tote from your parents... Jack pot! xo

Katsui Jewelry said...

Yikes, Kara. What a wonderful birthday and what a wonderful blog.I think you have to come back to the Midwest to get a great birthday like that ;-) I love your photographs...I am learning, Kat is better!

We are a mother and daughter, new in blogging (about four months old) and would love to have you come and visit sometime, if you wish. We really aren't all about our jewelry!

http://katsuijewelry.blogspot.com

Suz

koralee said...

Happy Birthday wishes sweet one...you hit the treasure jackpot..enjoy xoxoxo