7/19/10

{two little paintings}

my sister and niece visited this weekend and we got on the subject of painting.. I have done a few simple paintings before but don't do it often because I am so busy creating cards. We decided to go pick up painting supplies. I painted this cake...
and my 10 year old niece Colette Rose, painted this pink starfish piece, which I just love. She is so creative and has such a good instinct about color and shapes. She is very talented, sweet and sharp! what a weekend we had!

I am now so inspired to paint. I had so many ideas about what I would like to paint last night,
so many I couldn't fall asleep! I paint like I draw, nothing fancy, just girly and simple and sweet. I cannot wait to see what else I can create! The best part about the whole thing was spending time with my sister & niece in a way that we won't soon forget!


Hope you have a Happy Monday!


4 comments:

Jessica @ Barefoot by the Sea said...

Love it - simple, girly and Summer!

fernandflora said...

These are just darling! I love that you girls painted together. What fun! And how nice it was to meet that sassy niece of yours!

Kris said...

adorable!

koralee said...

What a fun thing to do...so lovely.All the soft colours. Hugs to you my friend!