6/10/10

{the bee's knees}

*****************
I have always had a thing for bees. I love honey, the smell and the taste. I also loved the book The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd.
I am finally posting these bee cards my etsy.
My pink bee note cards are a favorite of mine and best seller at my shows.
My sister and I are fans of giving away a pack of my bee note cards with another honey or bee item. She gave her friend a set of bee cards
with the book
Robbing the Bees: a Biography of Honey by Holly Bishop.
The book listed above, The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd would be another great option.

*********************

Another great gift companion to these cards is honey shower gel or honey soap, like this soap for L'Occitane. Another lovely company is Savannah Bee Company which has all kinds of lovely honey products. Try the Beeswax Hand Cream or buy a raw honeycomb.

********
{What does the bee's knees mean? }
"The Bee's Knees" is a term indicating excellence - the highest quality. Because bees carry pollen back to the hive in sacs on their legs. The allusion is to the concentrated goodness to be found around the bee's knee.
{the source for this definition is here}
Hope your day is lovely!
kara

5 comments:

koralee said...

Love these cards...just wrote in one of them today..to say goodbye to a fellow teacher. Your sweet cards are all over my school! xoxoxo

fernandflora said...

What a sweet and equally educational post! I love all the fun gift ideas too!

Melissa said...

These are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous information Kara! Thanks! I love honey too as you well know!
Kimberly S.

wishful nals said...

so cute! i loooove bees, although only from a distance :)