5/26/10

(Vintage Post: Day 3: A Chair, A Mirror & A Drawer}

{it's Vintage Finds Week at kara rosenberry co. and here are some more of my favorite finds}
.................................................
My sister spotted this chair in much worse condition at a antique store {second chance} in Nebraska. She worked for Expressions Furniture at the time and had the brillant idea to cover this chair in this lovely fabric. I LOVE her vision. She has the best ideas. I have had this chair now for at least 10 years and it will be in my home for many more years.
........................................
the drawer sitting behind my lovely chair is from a denver Paris Style Flea Market {Sweet William Market} and I got it for a steal! {$4} It use it for every show I do as it makes a great display item for my cards.
................................
another find with my sister. An antique mirror that I covered with French Stationary
by using a little modge podge.
....................................
The images are from classic French Letterhead. My favorite image is of this lady surrounded by beautiful French text. J'dore!


4 comments:

fernandflora said...

What lovely treasures. That chair is such a classic piece. Like you said, you'll have it forever. And I think that mirror is so chic. I don't remember seeing that before... Love this vintage series!

koralee said...

I agree...what a treasure my friend...I adore the fabric! I love seeing your items..thanks for sharing. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi there!

I thought I'd better check to see which vintage item was next! I love that chair fabric even 14 years later! You forgot to count four years. ha ha! Time is flying by...
Grandma is getting out on an outing today. I wish I could go with her! Can't wait til you come home and we'll go to the farm with her then. love you,
Kimberly S.

koralee said...

Hi Sweet friend....just got my cards and stickers in the mail yesterday..perfect timing..it was my birthday!!!!!!! Thank you for those extra adorable stickers...they so make my heart sing ...you are the BEST!!!! I am using the cards today...can't wait. HUGs and extra HUGS!!!