5/23/10

{a little bit of vintage}


This next week I will be sharing with you a few of my favorite vintage items. Some are pieces from my family and some are pieces I have found here and there. I have a deep love for old worn things.

Maybe it was from growing up in Nebraska, visiting my grandma's farm and taking home things here and there. Maybe from my sister who taught me how to spot a chair at an antique store that is perfect for reupholstering, or how to put things together perfectly in a room.
I also remember many years my dad would gift my mom with antiques for Christmas. My dad even had an antique booth called The Wild Rose at a Nebraska Antique mall. {by the way, Nebraska is a great place to get antiques} I used to draw roses on little tags for him to mark his prices.
So I think it is fair to say there has been a lot of love of vintage, old things , and antiques handed down to me.

So enjoy my vintage favorites posts this week and have a great rest of your weekend!

xoxo
kara

2 comments:

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Just found your lovely blog. So much sweetness and inspiration over here, love it!
Looking forward to your next week posts...
Have a great new week. xx

wishful nals said...

i love vintage items too, i'm so sentimental :)