2/15/10

{i love books}

{photo from the lovely etsy shop of alicebgardens}

Besides art and my world of kara rosenberry co. note cards, I love to read. I have a degree in English and don't have a lot of time to read and write, but I love to do both.
When I was young, I would read into the middle of the night and my parents would come and catch me. In jr. high and highschool I had the most amazing lit and composition teachers. In college, my two favorite English professors became mentors to me.

Here are a list of some of my favorites. I know I am leaving many out but this will do for now!

Books that I love from past to present...
at a young age i loved...
Anne of Green Gables series
Little House on the Prairie series
Ramona the Pest Series
Amelia Bedelia books
Gone With the Wind

Highschool and college and beyond...
Barbara Kingsolver's writing {Poisonwood Bible was my favorite}
Amy Tan's books {Bonesetter's Daughter was my favorite.}
Toni Morrison's books {Beloved was my favorite}
Maya Angelou books {I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, favorite}
Memoirs of Geisha by Arthur Golden
The Awakening by Kate Chopin
Books by Pat Conroy {Beach Music was my favorite and the Prince of Tides}
Books by Wally Lamb {My favorite: This Much I know is True}
Books by Sue Monk Kidd {loved the Secret Life of Bees}
All books by Joanne Harris, she wrote the book based on the movie Chocolat. I met her at a signing and she is lovely. she is British and French. Five Quarters of the Orange is a favorite by her.
Books by Peter Mayle and also, Frances Mayes.
The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells
The Glass Castle Jeanette Walls

The poetry and Pablo Neruda {favorite poem, Sweetness Always.}
The poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke
the poetry of Maya Angelou
the poetry of Gwendolyn Brooks

that is all I can conjure up for now. Do you like to read? If so, what are your favorites?
have a lovely Monday.
Kara

8 comments:

Katie Hasselgren said...

I also loved 'Ramona the Pest'. I read and reread those books, I thought they were great!

Blythe said...

we share a lot of favorites, like Anne and Ramona and The Bonesetter's Daughter! I also LOVE Neruda--we had a friend who is fluent in Spanish read one of his poems at our wedding. It was amazing! I still love Morrison after Dr. Woodruff introduced me to her--have you read her latest, Mercy?? It was beautiful. You read a lot more contemporary fiction than I--I am addicted to the classics. Right now I'm rereading all of Salinger's works. :)

koralee said...

Such a great list...I adore books too...just started reading "Little Women" again..xoxo.

FEDERICA said...

Thanks for entered my giveaway!
Good luck!
Federica
xoxo

katrina said...

Memoirs of a Geisha is a personal favorite, too. i think i've read it about half a dozen times.

雪糕 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
wishful nals said...

what a fun post. so hard to choose just one book. i love your list!

Anonymous said...

I kinda have been expecting this in a way...
But I reali dun think da world is going to end...start a new era maybe but the world is not ending.
That's not gonna happen till a thousand years later! Ok, I'm not sure bout that either but that's not the point! The world's not gonna end! Full stop!
[url=http://2012earth.net
]apocalypse 2012
[/url] - some truth about 2012