2/27/10

{buttons}

{image by the fabulous alicebgardens}

I love buttons. When I was little, we used to go into a fabric store in town, where they had bins of buttons for a penny each. I still remember sifting thru those bins and being allowed to buy a few buttons at a time.

I still collect buttons and love nothing more than to stumble on a well priced jar of buttons at an antique store.

I also collect...
antique salt and pepper shakers
vintage linens
accessories made with vintage items {necklaces, headbands}
fabulous paper products
little pieces of original art
{and so much more}

What do you love to collect?

happy weekend. xo.kara

4 comments:

fernandflora said...

Ooo. What a pretty post! Well you know what I collect.... so I don't need to go there, but buttons for 1penny? How sweet (and cheap!) and what a charming little memory! xo

Anonymous said...

I love the use of the buttons on my girls' shirts that you sewed on to make their own initials! Colette wants to save the buttons from her old shirt and buy a new one since she has outgrown it. I'm glad you've collected buttons over the years! Thanks for sharing them with us. I like to collect valentine cards...vintage or vintage inspired. Kim

andrea creates said...

i collect buttons too-especially vintage ones-and Italian chocolate tins

Mandy said...

i randomly stumbled across your blog, and i love it! so cute :]

i also love buttons and have a pretty nice collection going at the moment... i also love to collect old books... ones that have that well-loved & musty smell :]