1/19/10

A Lovely Wish & a New Look

vintage pickle crock was my Grandmothers. Pottery piece by me
a new look for 2010

I collect Vintage Salt and Pepper shakers.
a shelf full of lovely plates.
one of my favorite little paintings by Corey John Hart

Happy Tuesday to you all! I hope you are all having a fantastic day. Had to share pictures from my mini makeover on my kitchen. When my sister was here for the holidays, she stayed at my house one night. We went shopping, to brunch, then came home and she dreamed up a new look for my kitchen. We got right to work on taking the previous items down from on top of the cupboards.
Before, there was an old bench with various clay pots, and lots of other stuff. It was stuff that we put up 5 years ago when I first moved in and it just needed it to be freshened up. I had these tissue balls stacked up in my bedroom from my last show. I asked my sister what I should do with them and she thought of putting them up in my kitchen. It is so whimsical, feminine and so me! I love it! Most of the other items like the plate rack and the egg picture were there before.

Now, can I whip you up a lovely wish for breakfast?

12 comments:

Molly Lou Gifts said...

I love it all. You are so creative and I love your unique style. I can think of lots of things I would love for you to whip me up for breakfast. I can see us chatting away in your kitchen with coffee and breakfast. Happy Tuesday.

Karyn Bernard (French Charming) said...

I love it Kara and the tissue balls are the perfect touch! The height of your ceiling is fabulous my dear!

Love and hugs,
Karyn

Megs said...

love the pom pom idea! what a lovely kitchen you have. you have such wonderful style sense!

Maggie Whitley {Gussy} said...

my favorite is the trio of plates :)

koralee said...

I love your new look...not sure what the old look was but this one is amazing. xoxox

icandy... said...

What a sweet kitchen makeover, Kara! Those colorful tissue balls are so much fun! The egg painting also makes such a nice impact!
My wish is.... that you know just how much I appreciate you! :)
OX
Christina

Anonymous said...

ooh la la! What a lovely surprise! So much fun!
Kimberly

the southern hostess said...

So much cuteness!

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I begin take up real income.
It's all about how to choose a correct partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Federica said...

Hope you had a lovely weekend!
Federica
xoxo