7/30/09

the "book style" invitation...


The "book style" invitation by kara rosenberry co.
this design is for a lemon themed 60th bd party.

the outside"shhh, it's a secret!" and the printed envelopes

party details pg 1

more details, pg 2

maps and hotel information pg 3

"hope to see you there" pg 4

the back of the invitation
The Story...


Several years ago I was asked to create a highend and fabulous invitation. I didn't want to do the normal flat invite with a ribbon, etc so I created this "book style" invitation for a lemon themed birthday party. The invitation was five pages, tied with a ribbon and measured 8.5 by 8.5. This is one of my favorite pieces of work and I will have this style available as part of my wedding invitation collection. It would be really fun with a wedding invitation to add in pictures of the couple, the story how they met, or their favorite poem, the possibilities are endless!

Hope you have a happy friday...

xo.
kara

7 comments:

koralee said...

Now that is an amazing idea...love it...you inspire me with your lovely lovely work.

Molly Lou Gifts said...

WOW...I love it. You are so creative and so fantastic. Really love it.

Hope you're having a fantastic week!

caroline joy said...

Kara-- that is so cute! your drawings are so dainty and simple. Love them!

Happiness Is... said...

What a fun invite! I love that!

Karyn - (French Charming) said...

I love the idea of a book style invitation. You are so creative!!

xoxo
Karyn

bridechic said...

Wonderful idea Kara

Megs said...

thanks kara! you're so sweet!

this invitation is lovely; i really like the whole booklet concept. it's too bad i didn't know about you when i was planning my wedding!!