7/15/09

10 things...


I have been tagged by Karyn at French Charming with the Honest Scrap award.

There are a few rules that go along with this award, they are:
I need to copy the logo and place it on my blog
Link it back to the person who gave it to me
Pass it on to five fellow bloggers
List 10 things about myself....

1. I have always been creative. I enjoyed art at a young age, took lots of art classes and in the past have done pottery, dabbled in painting and sewing.

2. I have a degree in English and love to read. I used to read well into the night when I was a child. Don't have as much time to read these days and miss it.

3. I have a book in me somewhere that I would like to write or at least a collection of short stories.

4. I grew up in Nebraska but moved to Colorado when I was starting college and stayed here after graduating.

5. I have the most wonderful supportive family back in Nebraska. Incredible parents, a wonderful sister who has 4 amazing kids and a brother who is an incredible chef. My brother's wife is from Peru and they are such a great couple.

6. I work a full time day job and also work on my business. Lately, I feel like I am always working. At some point, I will be doing my biz full time.

7. I love all things French. I took French in College and a year in highschool. I don't remember very much, but I would love to relearn it soon.

8. I collect necklaces and other jewelry. I have a few friends who are very talented and I love to support them by wearing/buying their lovely pieces.

9. I love Martha Stewart anything. My friend from Nebraska sends me a gift subscription of Living every year and I always go and buy the wedding issues. Her style and love of the details is amazing.

10. I don't cook well, but I am learning! this last year while attempting to cook, I set off the fire alarm blaring loud and couldn't reach it to turn it off since my ceilings are 14 ft high. Stuff like that makes a little gunshy!

Now I am tagging 5 friends...! {I am awful at doing these things so I totally understand if you don't have time or want to my friends!}
Maggie Whitley makes the most lovely fabric items
Happiness is a lovely blog I am fond of
La Petite Peony another lovely blog I am fond of
Molly Lou Gifts Wonderful online shop that carries my line
Sabine of La Marquise de Anges My lovely and talented friend in France

Hope everyone is having a great week! I love to hear from you, so say hello if you are reading my blog!
xo kara

6 comments:

Molly Lou Gifts said...

YAY! Thanks for the love! Loved your 10 things...I knew I liked you for a reason-love me some Martha, can't cook but have a great desire to, dabbling in sewing. You are way more creative than I am and I so look forward to continue working with you. I love caling you my friend and colleague.

Have a great night!

Karyn - (French Charming) said...

Hi Kara,

So nice to learn a bit more about you! We have a few things in common, 7, 9 & 10! A degree in English, my worst subject! You must cringe when you read my blog!

xoxo
Karyn

Heather said...

So glad to read your Martha Stewart part! I still feel like I hear too many criticisms of her!

I think she's too harshly criticized, personally. Have you been to the Martha Stewart model homes by KB Homes at Stapleton? If not, you need to go! They're BEAUTIFUL! I even scored a free 12 month subscription to her magazine after visiting!

Cheers,
Heather

La Petite Peony said...

Awww, thank you so much Kara!! I'll be reposting this tonight :)

We definitely have #'s 1, 7, 8, 9 & 10 in common! :)

Good night!

Megs said...

i have a degree in English as well!! i'm in the same boat as you when it comes to finding very little time to read anymore. it is tragic.

great post!

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

i can't believe all that you do. I love my prize stationery.

and hope all is well. sorry for the belated thanks!!!!