6/30/09

let them eat cake.


{my "gateau" note card}

If I was going to be in another career field, I would be a pastry chef. Since my brother took all of the culinary skills in my family and is a fabulous chef, I am simply left to just draw pastries, cakes, cupcakes and other sweet things.

I do love cupcakes but I am thinking cake today for some reason. Here are two cake shops I have long admired and would love to visit and experience some day and the links to their websites that you really must check out.

k rose cakes. washington d.c. {this could almost be my cake company--k rose? kara rosenberry? I wish!} This gallery is full of the most lovely cakes. Take a peek!

miette cakes. san fransico. ca and the miette blog. they also have a candy shop that I would love to check out.

I would love to know who think makes fabulous cakes::your favorite local cake maker, a place you would like to visit someday...? Please share!
xo
Kara

5 comments:

Maggie Whitley said...

muah! I'd love to get my hands on those cakes by k rose! YUM! Is a glass of cold milk included? :)

Gussy

caroline joy said...

I have two favorites, one local and one "destination". Locally, Devil's Food Bakery on S. Pearl has scrumptious treats. We know them well because they're featured at Sam's Spring Fling and Gifts for Yule. And in Boston nothing beats Mike's Pastry in the North End. Make it your stop for dessert after a lovely Italian dinner in the North End. Or just skip dinner and head there!

{kara} said...

oh yes caroline... i love devils food bakery. The owner, Angela is a doll. They have the best baked goods! here is the link:: http://www.devilsfoodbakery.com/ for those of you in Denver that haven't been or for those who will someday visit!

Karyn - (French Charming) said...

HI Kara,

Love the card you made! Downstairs from my office is Cinderella Cakes, they make the most amazing beautiful cakes I have ever seen!

Hope you are having a lovely week!

Hugs,
Karyn

Miette said...

Thanks for the lovely mention, Kara! If you come to San Francisco, please stop in & say hi!
xo,
Tess
Miette
P.S. The wreaths you make are amazing!