11/21/08

Counting down




Counting down the days until I get to go to Nebraska for Thanksgiving.


I am looking forward to the 500 mile drive, some peace and quiet on the drive and seeing the beautiful rural scenes in Nebraska as I drive. No matter what time of year I seem to go it is always a beautiful. The sunsets are like grey sheets of silk and the rolling fields are always beautiful, when they are brown or green or somewhere in between. I love, in the winter, driving thru a certain part around North Platte and seeing the trees covered in ice on the side of the interstate. It is so pretty when the sun shines on them and they look silver.

I am looking to seeing my Grandmother, now in a Nursing home, for an early Thanksgiving meal on Thursday out in the country. It won't be the same without her at our house but I am glad we are going to see her at least. The picture with this post is of us last year before she had a stroke in March. She is 96 and still so passionate about life.

Then we get to go home for a Thanksgiving Dinner and hopefully, my brilliant chef brother will be cooking at least a bit of the food. I hope for a least a few dishes from him. Last year he made mashed potatoes with Truffle oil in them, if my memory serves me correctly. They were amazing!

Looking forward to some pizza and football on Friday and time with my family and friends. Just a few more days until I leave and I cannot wait.

gobble gobble... happy thanksgiving...

I am thankful for

Family & Friends and their health
love
a job in this economy
my business and talents
a new website
the gift of beauty.

{today}

listening to Sade today and some Coldplay.


Have a lovely one.

{xoxo}

kara

No comments: